Spencer Park is located north-northeast of Albany's central business district. The suburb was gazetted in 1954. The suburb, named after Albany's first Government Resident Sir Richard Spencer RN and gazetted in 1954, is bounded by Ulster Road to the west and north, Collingwood Road to the southeast and North Road to the south. There are two housing estates in Spencer Park. Woodrise and Breaksea Estate. Woodrise is located in the southwest corner and Breaksea Estate is located in the northeast corner.
Spencer Park contains a shopping centre, fuel station, a retirement home and the Albany Regional Hospital, as well as two schools: St Joseph's College, a Catholic school and a public primary school, Spencer Park Primary School.